Creating a Fundraising Activity through SportsGiving/ MyRaceNation
Even if you aren't taking part in an event on the RaceNation platform, you are still able to create a SportsGiving fundraising page using the following instructions:
- Once you have created a MyRaceNation/ SportsGiving account following the instructions here, you are able to log in and set up a fundraising page by selecting Start Fundraising;
- Here, you have the choice whether to Create a Fundraising Page or Create An Activity.
- Create a Fundraising Page, you can follow the instructions linked here;
- Create An Activity, first you begin by naming your activity;
- You are then able to choose your preferred Privacy Status for your Activity:
- A Private Activity is only available after a Fundraising Page has been set up for the Activity and only you are able to view and join it;
- A Shared Activity is one that you are able to control access to through email addresses or email domains; and
- A Public Activity is one that anybody can join.
- Once you have chosen your Privacy Status, you are able to choose whether you would like set start and finish times and if you are creating a Shared Activity, you will also have the option to choose whether it is limited to certain email domains and whether you would like a shareable registration link;
- If you select Create Activity Fundraising Page/ Template you can start to create a Fundraising Page;
- You start by naming the individual or group who are raising funds and you are then able to choose the charity you would like to raise funds for, your fundraising target and any offline donations you have received to date;
- If the charity you wish to raise funds for is not currently on the RaceNation platform, you are able to Request a charity which will send a request to the Support team who will reach out to the charity to onboard them onto the platform and contact you in respect of this;
- Once you have selected your charity and chosen whether the Fundraising Page is for sponsoring a group or individual and whether you would like to enable the page, you are able to proceed to customise the layout and theme of your page;
- On the layout & theme page, there are 3 different layouts to choose from, the option to add your own banner and profile picture and the drop down at the top of the page allows you to customise the colours for your page. You can then proceed to the Header & Content page;
- Here you can add a header to your Fundraising Page, whether you are raising funds in memory of somebody and some information about your fundraising activity. You are also able to create a custom email for anybody donating to your page to receive and choose whether you would like an email when somebody donates;
- The final step is for you to Preview. If there are any amendments you would like to make at this stage, you are able to go back by selecting the step you would like to return to at the top of the page, otherwise you are ready to Finish Creating;
- Once you have published your page, you then have the option to go back to the Activity Settings where you are able to choose whether people taking part in your Activity can chose to allow fundraisers to choose their own charity, edit the theme colours, change the layout or change the banner on their individual fundraising pages;
- Once complete, if you have a shareable registration link then you are able to start sharing with people to sign up for your activity and begin their fundraising!